is a Korean martial art. Taekwondo was developed during the 1940s and 1950s by various Korean martial artists combining and incorporating the elements of Karate and Chinese Martial Arts along with the indigenous Korean martial arts traditions of Taekkyeon, Subak, and Gwonbeop.
MMA / Kickboxing
Our Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing Programme is designed to give you an all-round martial arts system. Our emphasis is on providing a ‘Mix of Martial Arts’, and the system is influenced by aspects from a range of different arts including; full contact Kickboxing / Muay Thai, Philippine Martial Arts and Submission Wrestling / Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
We are not a ‘Cage Fighting’ school, although many of our students choose to compete in local full contact events. Our aim is to give our students higher levels of confidence and fitness alongside an extremely practical self-defence solution.
What to expect in our Mixed Martial Arts classes
- Relaxed atmosphere.
- Culture of Fitness.
- Practical self-defence and competitive training drills.
- Classes that cover both stand up and grappling arts in order to deliver a COMPLETE system.
- We recommend people bring something loose to train in. Commonly people wear shorts and t-shirts. (All are available through the club if you should require or you can source your own.)
- Boxing gloves (although we have a selection of 16oz gloves it is much more hygienic if you have your own.)
- Shin and instep protection, Gum Shields and Groin Protection (used if you choose to do sparring.)
- Focus mitts (we have some you can borrow but in limited supply.)